Emrie & I have started our own little tradition of going to the library together on Tuesdays. She walks around handing random books to other kids & their moms while I follow her around & grab a few books for us to take home & read each week. She is in this phase (which I hear will last a while) where she wants us to read her the same few books over & over & over & over (seriously, if I have to read "Pat the Bunny" one more time ...) so it's been nice to add some new books to our stash. These are two that stand out so far ...
Sergio is an adorable penguin who doesn't know how to swim in the beginning of the book but is brave & learns how to in the end (sorry to spoil the ending). We love him for his courage & for his name, of course.

Then there's "My Family is Forever" which I grabbed because I thought, 'aw, this book looks sweet. Our family is forever'. Well, when we got home & started reading it I realized that it's meant to be read to your adopted children. Ex. "You're still a part of the family, even if you don't look like everyone else". Yikes. Good thing Emrie didn't understand the words or she would have some serious questions for mama.

No comments:
Post a Comment